VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what this plug in the middle of the A/c compressor is for? IS that a drain plug for the pag46 oil required in the A/C system? I mean part of the 4.6 ounces required to run in the A/C system or separate?

anybody????

Attachments

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks

hey thank for the reply. I did an online search and found the technical manual for the SANDEN SD7V16 which is the compressor in our beetles and found out that the new compressor I installed could have been defective because when I rotated the clutch by hand oil should have come out of the low and high side ports because they are shipped with 4.6 OZ of oil and in my case nothing came out. Then I had to remove that fill plug to drain 4.5 ounces but was confused how come nothing came out when I rotated the clutch by hand and try to drained the low/high ports. the torque value for that plug is 11-15 ftbs for those folks that were wondering..........baby steps baby steps but we'll get there :p

sorry I answered my own questions but now just putting information out there to help the next guy..

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
No problem, I did not know they had a plug it looked like it had one in the picture so I asked Mr. Google With the old round compressors you had to poor the oil in through the line connections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts