NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a a/c leak in a 2000 1.8T beetle. Is there any common areas this beetles have that i could check with a electronic leak detector. I see no oily lines or connections looking under the hood.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks D2, but i can borrow a inficon D-tek detector for free. If that does not work i will have to pay a shop to find and fix. I don't really trust any around here.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Unless you have the proper equipment to evacuate and refill the system, your no doubt going to need the help of a reputable shop anyway. If the system has a leak, and has gone down completely, you will probably need to replace the accumulator, something that should be done about every five seasons anyway.

Don't know where you are, you haven't completed the information in the User CP so your location and model, engine, etc, show up in the upper right corner of your post. Someone around here might well be able to point you in the right direction. Also, Google for any local NB clubs. Members there should also be able to give you some good local referrals.

M.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Model,yr,engine,etc in first post. No clubs in area, only shop that works on the new beetle(one that works on air cooled) in town is the stealer ship, not planning on driving to another town.
Trying to find out if there is a common area to look for, i was not looking for advance on filling out the user CP.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,923 Posts
Filling out that info can help others help you better. Especially when you put your location, you may get others in the area who can help you as well, without needing a dealer or shop. You never know who is nearby, so fill out the info. Its helpful for everyone.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,923 Posts
You won't get spam just by filling in your basic info...its all so we can help you better, I promise. You may have a fellow dubber nearby who can lend a hand...isn't that worth something?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
You won't get spam just by filling in your basic info...its all so we can help you better, I promise. You may have a fellow dubber nearby who can lend a hand...isn't that worth something?
:jawdrop: I don't think you can ever be too careful! :spam:

I've heard of those bad boys sneakin' into town and carrying off Forum members in the middle of the night, never with any more information than the city they lived in and the type of car they drove (I think it was knowing the year of the car that was the thing that done 'em in!)!

And posting a pic with your license plate, damn stupid, all I can say! Hell I simply quit using license plates years ago for fear spammers would find me!

Still tryin' to figure out how to be on the Org without a user name. Perhaps I should have registered as "Anonymous" or "Nobody"

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is why so many people don't use this fourms to ask for help. All seem to have trolls waiting close bye to listen to thereself talk.

I'll move on now.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,923 Posts
We're trying to give you some advice so you can get some help. If you would give a location, we may be able to point you to another dubber in the area who can help you more than we can over the internet. But ok...there are plenty of others who do come here for help.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
This is why so many people don't use this fourms to ask for help. All seem to have trolls waiting close bye to listen to thereself talk.

I'll move on now.
Harold -

Perhaps you need to go to my page and start reading through all my posts attempting to help people. This is a forum where most people attempt to do just that.

Spam because of a city or model and year of car or being on a map by zip code? Give me a break. And I even have my real world email posted on my "About Me" page. Never had the first piece of spam. Spam is much more related to the common-ness of your email address and where you've left it, your IP address (which you can't conceal) and the sites you visit. Not so much a case of hearing one's self talk, more of talking to a brick wall.

Stay around and get a lot of good help from a lot of good people, or go, you're choice!

Roger (aka Morav)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lets go back back to my 1st post: Is there any common problem areas that the a/c leaks with this new beetles.

I don't think my location, life style, interest, hobby, age, sex,etc would cause an a/c leak in my beetle nor would it help fix it.

You know i read alot of the posts by people looking for help and most i can't help with there problems, so i don't answer. And the ones that i can give a direct answer to i do. I'm not looking to pad my post count.
Just saying.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,923 Posts
Am I invisible? :rolleyes: Not asking for any other "personal" information other than location...and that's to see if there are any other dubbers near you that can lend a hand! Not looking to increase post count...just been around the Org for almost 7 years now and want people to get the best help they can. We have a great community and lots of Orgers around the entire country that are willing and able to help others out in person. Silly to do it all online sometimes.

As for leaks, I think you've gotten your answer. You need to test the system. Not really any common leak spots that I really know of.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Let the OP go back over to Vortex. You can tell that's where he belongs. Some people ya just can't help. So why bother.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
SB...
:banghead:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Am I invisible? :rolleyes: Not asking for any other "personal" information other than location...and that's to see if there are any other dubbers near you that can lend a hand! Not looking to increase post count...just been around the Org for almost 7 years now and want people to get the best help they can. We have a great community and lots of Orgers around the entire country that are willing and able to help others out in person. Silly to do it all online sometimes.

As for leaks, I think you've gotten your answer. You need to test the system. Not really any common leak spots that I really know of.

Thanks Smileybug, that is the first answer to my question in 16 replys.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,923 Posts
Actually, D2 answered you as well saying you need to test the system. I didn't really give you any other info than he did...

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
The failure ponits for an a/c system in an automobile are usually limited to compressor failure, condensor, evaporator or connections. Hoses rarely go bad. That said to find the problem you have to have pressure in the system to use either a halagen/ freon detector or the dye leak method.

The beetle also has a couple of sensors inline with o-rings which may be leaking. But to diagnose and not throw parts(some expensive ones)the system must be pressurized.

p.s.

Ladies and Gentleman, can't we all just get along?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Let the OP go back over to Vortex. You can tell that's where he belongs. Some people ya just can't help. So why bother.
Seems that didn't work out too well, but ya' gotta' love the response from the one respondent...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts