NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2001 VW Beetle and the a/c is blowing hot air. The compressor is new, the fans aren't turning on, my dad checked the fuses and they're working. We were just wondering about the switches. How can we check if they're working? Is there anything else we should check?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I just got a bug that the previous owner had run a rocker switch from the fuse box to the blower fan to bypass the four speed switch. When you turned on the switch the radiator fan and the blower fan came on as well as the light on the ac switch. I took the hvac control from my parts car and disconnected the jury rigged wiring , once I made the change everything worked. I had the issue however of the light was burnt out and I pulled out the center knob to replace it, afterword the ac did not come on or work at all. I did some quick research and found a thread on repairing the speed switch. There is a contact that can fall out of place and after reading it - I found both hvac controls had the issue. Seems the speed switch has to work for the ac switch to operate the compressor. I will post the thread link on the speed switch repair. http://newbeetle.org/forums/technical-how/12537-how-fix-c-fan-switch.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts