NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my A/C works great on low fan speed <cold air, compressor turns, fans on radiator spinning>, but as soon as I turn the fan up <fan blows fine but hot, the light on the A/C switch goes off, and the compressor stops spinning. Thanks soo much, neither I or my Dad has been able to find any info of this problem.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
resitor pack

check your resistor pack which is mounted next to the blower motor under the dash area, passenger side. Could be your selector knob or the resistor pack itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks you so much for your reply. Could the resistor pack be bad it all blower motor speeds work? Maybe I didn't describe it correctly. Here goes :)
1.Turn blower motor on low speed,
2. turn on A/C switch turns on green light in switch and A/C blows cold.
3. move blower to any other speed , fan blows correct speed, but A/C switch green light turns off and compressor kicks out, radiator fan stops and air is hot coming out vents.

Could it be a fuse or switch, that could do this? We can't figure out why the fan speed switch would turn the A/C switch off when on any other speed except low speed...

Thanks again for any help anyone can offer.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
blower

Thanks you so much for your reply. Could the resistor pack be bad it all blower motor speeds work? Maybe I didn't describe it correctly. Here goes :)
1.Turn blower motor on low speed,
2. turn on A/C switch turns on green light in switch and A/C blows cold.
3. move blower to any other speed , fan blows correct speed, but A/C switch green light turns off and compressor kicks out, radiator fan stops and air is hot coming out vents.

Could it be a fuse or switch, that could do this? We can't figure out why the fan speed switch would turn the A/C switch off when on any other speed except low speed...

Thanks again for any help anyone can offer.
Resistor pack is not bad if blower changes speed as you turn the knob. At this point it could be a number of things depending on what your high/low pressures are. It could be your ambient temperature switch, your pressure switch, your fan control module, your electric fans. Did anybody put more Freon lately? it could be over pressure on the high side and fans or FCM can't keep up. Do you have the 2.0 or 1.8t? engine? Do you know how to hookup and use A/C gauges? hook up a set of those gauges and let me know what your readings are high and low when the A/C is working fine and when it starts to blow warm air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts