NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Ringo (My NBC) might actually be resisting the idea of having an infant car seat put in his back seat:confused: but I really need to find one that fits because we cannot afford to buy a bigger family car right now. :( (And I promised Ringo when I bought him that he would always have a home with us.);)

I would appreciate any ideas of infant carriers that would fit on the base in the back seat and also any ways I can convince Ringo to accept them.:cool:

BTW Ringo has a LATCH system so I can't imagine that there isn't a carseat out there that wouldn't fit in him.

TIA!!!

Laura

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So Far

I've found 3 child seats that fit in the back of a New Beetle Convertible & wanted to share with the group

Infant Carriers (rear facing, up to 20 lbs)

Chicco KeyFit 30

Graco Snugride

Convertible Car Seats (it is reccomended that young children are rear facing as long as possible, holds children up to 40 lbs)

Evenflo Titan Elite Convertible Seat

On all of these seats I needed to move the front passenger seat as forward as it would go and make sure they were in the most upright position.

It is reccomended that child seats be secured in the center of the backseat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't understand how child seats can be secured in the centre of the back seat of a NB when there is no seat belt...

We've managed fine with our two children, from baby upwards. True, it's inconvenient for the front passenger while you've got a backwards-facing infant carrier, but children soon graduate to a solid forward-facing seat (the sort with five-point harness) and then you have no more problems apart from little feet poking the passenger in the back. Our seond child has just graduated to the next stage up, usinng the seat belt to secure both child and seat, and now there seems a huge amount of space in the back.

Who says you can't use a NB as a family car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh!

You know, I never checked to see if there is a "middle" seatbelt in the back. I just always assumed that it was there.

Go Figure! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should place the car seat at the center of the car seat, as others have mentioned. Use the LATCH system and not the seat belts. Each seating position has 2 LATCHes. Use the inside LATCHes from both rear seats to attach the base of your infant seat and you'll be fine. I took my NB to a fire department for them to verify the install and they approved it. Also, that way, you don't compromise legroom for the front seat passenger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts