NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm new here and the forums have already helped me fix a couple of small issue on my new 2002 Cyber Green Beetle (I guess it's not really new if it's a 2002).

Anyway, I bought it used from a Ford dealership of all places and it ran perfectly fine and I love it. Only a few days ago some problems, serious ones started arising.

1. I've noticed that sometimes when I jump in the car and turn the ignition on quickly it might not start, it'll just chug. So I've figure out that if I just put in the key an leave it for a couple of seconds it'll start without any problems.

2. On Tuesday while I was driving to work (I commute about 40 miles) I felt my beetle stutter a bit and the Cruise control went off, so I drove the rest of the way normally.

3. ON the way back, more stuttering but never used the cruise control. That's when the EPC light came on and it stayed on all the way home. When I got there I shut the car off and turned it on, EPC light went off but Check Engine Light came on.

4. I took it to a local mechanic that the nearest VW dealership recommended and he threw the following codes at me:

16705- P0321
Ign./Distributor Eng.Speed Inp.Circ Range/Performance

16706- P0322
Ign./Distributor Eng.Speed Inp.Circ No Signal

There was nothign to do then because he couldn't take my car until October 29th.

5. Today the Check Engine Light turned off and I was happy, very excited while driving home then this happened...

I got all the way home then I stopped to turn into my driveway which is off highway 228 so I had to let traffic pass, but I was still coasting by the time I got my chance to turn in. When I turned the steering wheel it felt hard, that's when I noticed my car had stalled but I made into the driveway.

I shut it off and turned it back on with no problem, Check Engine Light came back one.

I'm sorry for the long rant, but what do you think it might be and how much should I expect to dish out to fix it.

Thanks guys.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
Since your NB is a GLS I guessed that you have a 2.0L motor, if so, my online Bentley suggested looking into these two items...

Engine Speed (RPM) Sensor - which is on front of engine cylinder block, lower left side, near transmission flange
Fuel Pump (FP) - which is in fuel tank, beneath rear seat, on the right side of the car

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll look into that. In the meantime I'm taking my wife's car to work for a couple of days, a Chevy Aveo, nice car but not so fun to drive.

Anyway, I'll check this out and comment it to my mechaninc.

Thanks alot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts