NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Somewerebetween19and22PSI
1,708 Posts
well, life happened. We bought a 2012 tdi jetta sportwagon for the gas mileage and we were planning on a child, but god had a different plan. :(

what exactly are you looking for? :) it is almost christmas and they came off of a turbo s and yours is an s.....ssssssssssssssssooooooooooooo. ;)
i would like the side skirts... Sorry man that sucks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dumb question: does that bumper fit a regular (TDI) Beetle? Looks a little funny. What are those extra lights near the headlights, I only have the lower fogs, and does it come with those lights?

Also, I have a dent in my side skirt, how thick is that one? Does it stick on and screw in at the bottom or something?

Do you have a ballpark for shipping on the skirts and the bumper?

·
Got gremlins????
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Dumb question: does that bumper fit a regular (TDI) Beetle? Looks a little funny. What are those extra lights near the headlights, I only have the lower fogs, and does it come with those lights?

Also, I have a dent in my side skirt, how thick is that one? Does it stick on and screw in at the bottom or something?

Do you have a ballpark for shipping on the skirts and the bumper?
Not dumb at all! The bumper you see on my beetle in the first picture is the Turbo S bumper. My bug came with that and a different rear bumper, interior, etc because it is the Turbo S model. The small lights next to the head lights are the turn signals for the Turbo S.

The bumper I have for sale is a Votex bumper. The Votex kits were made to give people the opportunity to have a Turbo S look alike. I bought the whole Votex kit (back bumper, side skirts, and front bumper) a while back for the rear bumper and side skirts and never planned on using the frjont bumper. What year is your TDI? The bumper will only fit models up to 2005. Also, the Votex bumper comes with everything like lights, and grill pieces, etc...everything to make that bumper work.

The Votex side skirts are thin, but for a reason. They fit under your front and back fender which help them to hold on. You can drill into the rocker panel or use 3m tape for the center areas. I will tell you that you should loosen the fenders as much as possible, meaning take your wheels off and fender liners out to loosen the fender bolts before installing. It sounds ridiculous, but from experience it will make it a whole heck of a lot easier. It's not hard, just a little time consuming.

As far as shipping, it could be about $150 or more due to the size of the box. I can fit the side skirts and bumpers all together in the same box, so someone wouldn't have to worry about two sep. shipping costs. It might also depend on where you are located for shipping too. I am in Kansas and would be willing to drive a certain distance to not have to ship.

Also if it's going to make or break a decision i can work on the pricing through private message. I would much rather have these parts on another new beetle and not in my garage. They are worth much more than that and I miss mine enough to want to move these on.

·
Techie
708 Posts
I really wish I could afford the bumper and side skirts atm but I can't. Just had to comment and say how much your beetle just rocked my world. I love the neon yellow rims :D gahhhhhhh :jawdrop: sorry ;) just had to say that. Good luck with the sale!

·
Got gremlins????
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really wish I could afford the bumper and side skirts atm but I can't. Just had to comment and say how much your beetle just rocked my world. I love the neon yellow rims :D gahhhhhhh :jawdrop: sorry ;) just had to say that. Good luck with the sale!
Awww! Thank you so much!! It was my baby. :)

·
Got gremlins????
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are pictures of the roof rack. Comes with the bars, feet, the locks and keys. It's a Thule rack for a new beetle only. The feet are made to fit the roof line.

$125 + shipping

*Also for sale is my Turbo S New Beetle bra. These aren't made anymore and had a hard time locating one. I have the part shown for the hood and also the part that fits on the bumper. The hood part is all I used and it does have small blemish towards the bottom from a rock chip. The bumper bra is brand new and never used. This is also shown on the car in the last picture in my first post.* :)

$65 shipped firm:

Picture to show what the whole thing looks like:

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
(psssst....I got a brand new Thule rack for $60 shipped recently...... :eek: )

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Well, it was from ECS dot com, they sell sporting goods and racks, and this one was a brand new Thule, no fairing, closeout, and I feel really lucky. Yes, locks and keys. I was looking for one for a long time, and used ones were too expensive for me. Just got lucky with mine. Good luck with your sale. I love my Thule rack! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts