·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current Daily - 00 Mercedes E320

Wife's Daily - 15 Volvo S60T5

My last toy - 90 Golf GTi 16v

Previous Toy (in over my head project) Mercedes 190E 2.3-16v Cosworth

My daily that got hit 1 month after i got it - 2004 Land Rover Discovery II SE:( Man I loved that truck

Hit by a kid speeding while searching the floor for his phone and ran the light in his Dad's Navigator:

Wife's previous daily - 07 Ford Explorer XLT AWD

My 01 Audi A6 2.7tt TIP

Couple of my favorites:
99 BMW 528it 5spd M Sport

88 BMW 735iL

84 BMW 633Cs

99 Honda Shadow 1100

A few of my favs to review. Can you sense a theme? lol:D

·
Registered
12,081 Posts
Quite a few BM'rs, MB's and one Audi! I can only assume; you have done allot of work on European and German cars. What is your take on reliability vs. Volkswagens? German cars in general; does your experience, bear out the idea, they need constant attention? Just curious; on your opinion, seeing how many different German cars you have owned! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quite a few BM'rs, MB's and one Audi! I can only assume; you have done allot of work on European and German cars. What is your take on reliability vs. Volkswagens? German cars in general; does your experience, bear out the idea, they need constant attention? Just curious; on your opinion, seeing how many different German cars you have owned! Thanks.
I would say overall that my Euros are in need of more attention (maintenance mainly) than your average Japanese car. My BMWs were always the most reliable. I've had a few that weren't pictured. My Audi was most temperamental. Good car but every little thing caused a CEL (it is a VAG Product) ;) The Diamler era Mercedes has been the one with the most idiotic things that are known issues. My VWs mostly MkII (2 GTis and a GLI) and MkIII (Jetta GLS) were very reliable. My daughters NB has been good overall so far, but is starting to have little niggles to replace but that could be age related. I'm interested in getting back to BMW especially. I either want an E60 M5 or a C7 Audi S6

1 - 5 of 5 Posts