NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
be weird
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few days ago, on the 13th, we lost a great VW enthusiast. James Morgan Sr, of Newark, Delaware, died in a car accident near Baltimore. He was 72.

He lived a life of Volkswagens, after serving his country in the Army for a tour, he opened a VW shop in New Castle, Delaware. Morgan's, as the business was refered to, was a staple of knowledge and hard to find parts (in great condition) and still is as his son, Joe Jr., has been working with him for some years now and will continue for the time being. Joe Sr. was a fan of old time music and as an active member of the local Moose Lodge. He was also an avid gardener. He is survived by his children, his sisters and a host of grandchildren. As a testament to his impact on the community, Sgt. Dan, the Delaware State Police New Beetle spokeswagen, lead the procession from the church to the cemetary, followed by his family and friends - also (mostly) in Volkswagens. He was loved by all who knew him and will be sorely missed. The funeral was today and the family asked in leiu of flowers a donation be made to the charity of your choice.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I did not know of him, but it's obvious he will be missed by the close-knit VW community. Rest in peace. :(

·
be weird
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys for your well wishes - I've passed them on to the family and it's helping them to know that we've got them in our thoughts.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Wow, small world. Good friend of mine with a shop up near Ft. Washington was a very close friend of the Morgans.

Didn't they just have their anual christmas party this past weekend (17th or so)???

I know that the son, Joe Jr. was sponsoring a water cooled VW over at the Bridgeport raceway's thunderbird division.

Wow, very sorry to hear the news, as the Morgans were a huge VW family and part of the regions fabric.

Please send on my families thoughts and prayers.

Peace....TechnoTrix'd....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts