NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...

Here's a new question. I wouldn't even know where to begin to locate what i am looking for.

In the summer i want to purchase my new rims. I have a basic idea of what i want rimwise, so that's not my concern.

My concern is the tires themselves.

What are the odds of me finding redline tires for a NB? I have seen yellowline tires on Lincolns, and Caddies. I have seen redlines on older veedubs and muscle cars.

I REALLY want redline tires. Please someone tell me this is possible and show me where i can get them. :D

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
FineExampl said:
Yeah, i'm rolling 17s right now. Might go 18 if feasable.
:confused:
You have 17's now? We have the same rims and I was pretty sure mine were 16's.

·
Finch the BUG LVR!
433 Posts
if for some reason that link isn't good enough you could always try cokker tire(not sure of the spelling) they make them in sizes for muscle cars, not sure about low pros though.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yellow99 said:
if for some reason that link isn't good enough you could always try cokker tire(not sure of the spelling) they make them in sizes for muscle cars, not sure about low pros though.
I sent the people in that link an email with the size i have and costs estimates from the, I'll post what they say here. They seem like they know what's what, but the catalog only shows white walls. They mention red, gold, etc lines as well, but didnt have them listed.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<<<<From: Diamondback Classics [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:11 PM
To: John
Subject: RE: need info on tires

John,

The current price for our 245/45R17 redline is $229.00 each plus freight. I will need your zip code to determine freight.

Richard>>>>
I'd imagine the prices would be similar for other sizes. Now i'm not so sure about this. How much do regular tires go for?? Michelin Pilot Sports same size are $228 at TireRack. Yokohamas range from $110-273. I guess this is somewhat high, but not the worst it could be.

Opinions anyone?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts