NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
bubbles whoops ass!
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love photography, and i think it's so cool that i can share this side of myself with you all, too!

you can find a ton of my stuff at my flickr page. if you are a member, please feel free to add me to your contacts!

i've been into photography for about 5 years now, and about a year ago i acquired a digital rebel. it's a great camera, and i've had so much fun with it.

here are a few of my favorite shots to entice you all to go check out my flickr gallery...

·
bubbles whoops ass!
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PhoenixRising said:
Well, then, that is a great shot. I used to ride the Metro all the time. One of the best subways around, IMHO.

Great shot, again. Do you have any more?
thank you so much! i do have more. i love the dc metro! :)

also, all my pictures of dc are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcurly/sets/483199/

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
curly said:
thank you so much! i do have more. i love the dc metro! :)

also, all my pictures of dc are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcurly/sets/483199/
Thanks for the link! Nice! You have skills. If I lived there, I would go to the station, I think it's Roslyn (sp?) and take a shot from the escalator. It's the worlds longest (or was)...

It's just something I would do. I can see how in my head how I would compose it...

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
curly said:
i love the dc metro! :)
I don't :mad: It's expensive, bumpy, terribly crowded, smelly, blah blah wah wah wah :rolleyes: Guess that's just the perspective from a local using it during rush hour, ha. Great pics though, I always loved the ceilings at the metro. The ones of the animals at the zoo are great! How do you get them so close and crisp? That couldn't possibly be from using zoom...or can it? :)

·
bubbles whoops ass!
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ikkin: thanks so much for visiting, and your kind comments. :)

GINA: i can see where using it daily would make the metro lose it's charm. ;) it's been a few years since i've visited but the last time i was there, it was so clean! i'm sorry to hear it's deteriorated into smelliness! i guess i was so happy with it because all we have here for public transit is buses, and they take for-ev-er. it was so quick to get everywhere we wanted to go, and i always felt safe doing it, even by myself. i'm jealous of that. it would take me ages to get to work on the bus, and i'd love to use public transport apart from that.

as for the pictures, yep, it's a telephoto lens. i wish i could get close enough to them to take those shots without the lens! in the larger sizes, it becomes apparent that they aren't perfectly crisp, but without a tripod, that's pretty much impossible, and it's too much of a pain to haul a tripod out to the zoo. also, i shoot in my "sports mode" at the zoo most of the time. it shoots 10 shots in quick succession, so even if they are moving a bit, i can usually catch the animal still enough in one of those shots. :)

thanks for the compliments! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts