NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so this weekend i did a bit of organizing and getting stuff together to sell and so on. So i figured i'd pretty up the little shelf thingy in my bedroom to show more than just books and crap.

If you look carefully you will notice a NB Tabasco, the TVA NB, some original Hot Wheels "Redlines", the 1999 import car of the year issue of Motor Trend, and some things i guarantee a few of you have never seen. If you see something you like feel free to ask me about it. Like in the movies, nothing's for sale, but everything has a price.

It's just dawned on me that my ex made off with a large portion of my collection as there is quite alot missing. I still don't know where my black flamed 1:18 hot wheels drag bus is. I know i had 2 of them and both are missing.

I'm trying to put VWs everywhere in the house. I want to do more with the garage, but there's time for that later.

Hope you like em!
John:D

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wow! Nice collection! I am also having a lot of NB/BUG toys. Verry great ot see other collections! The only problem is, now I see what i am missing...
Hotwheels and Johny do have a lot off cars that are not available here in Holland.

(what brochure is laying there? The New New Beetle?)

keep collecting!!

·
Everett Street in May
3,207 Posts
Hey, nice collection their!! Now I have "proof" that I am not the craziest Beetle collector to my wife....:lol:

Yeah, I agree with Wiebren on how surprised I am with all the Johnny Lighting stuff. Did not know he had put out that much for VW.

Cool...TechnoTrix'd....:wave3:

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TechnoTrix'd said:
Hey, nice collection their!! Now I have "proof" that I am not the craziest Beetle collector to my wife....:lol:

Yeah, I agree with Wiebren on how surprised I am with all the Johnny Lighting stuff. Did not know he had put out that much for VW.

Cool...TechnoTrix'd....:wave3:
Johnny Lightning makes more VW product than any other of the leading diecast companies. They have had a VW line for a few years running. I wish i had them all, but there are just so darn many. I don't know what is available for Holland, but i know here in the states you can find them if you keep looking. Toys R Us usually has a bunch laying around.

Did anyone notice the Austin Powers "Swinger 2" Time Machine? That was a bit overpriced, but i like it.

Wiebren, yes that is the 06 brochure. Sorry i couldn't get anymore of them.

Techno ...your wife needs to see my overstock if she thinks your crazy. The only therapy for our addiction is to just feed it. You take the heroin away from a junkie you still gotta give them the methadone. Consider it VW therapy. At least VW don't often kill people. :D

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah...in case anyone's picked up on it. In front of the German/World Cup beenie bear is a piece of black plastic. That's actually the wiper arm from a 72 Beetle. It was mine before it was junked. I had the arm off to replace the wipers, but never got around to it. In the pic of the top shelf there's a Lionel Trains NB. The platform says "Peace Auto Sales". The white carded Hot Wheels bug is a limited edition from Randy's Stuff. I don't know much about them, but i think they customize Beetles. I don't even know if they are still in business. That car is really hard to locate and there were 2 versions. As a HW collector will tell you (so i am) the pink version is more desirable as less were produced.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Did anyone notice the Austin Powers "Swinger 2" Time Machine? That was a bit overpriced, but i like it.

--Yeah, it was € 40,- here. But it has the same decoration like the real one from the movie.

Wiebren, yes that is the 06 brochure. Sorry i couldn't get anymore of them.

--No problem, i found another collector who wanted to help me!

The only therapy for our addiction is to just feed it.

--Yes, but i do know have 800 old Bugs and New Beetles in the house. And now i see your pictures, and it looks like the feeding will never stop...:)

Please keep posting your pics. And iff you want, you can send the origanal sized pics to me from your collection. So i can see more details.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts