NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Get in.Buckle Up.Hang on.
6,525 Posts

·
OG Stalker
1,332 Posts
not sure if you got this mounted or not but it does not attach to the firewall. the brace itself mounts to the strut towers on either side of the bearing caps. Basically you do need to drill holes to put the silver nut-serts in, and then it attaches to them. Did you get directions and don't understand, or did you not get directions?

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bought this off of ebay. i got the directions from the abd website. but i dont have the nuts or the screw to put them in. is there anything else i can use to mount this or is it no good to me now?

·
Skoot
51 Posts
try calling them and asking them if they will send them to you. otherwise i would just go to a hardware store and pick them up.

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
It is still good. If you really want to use it I would call ABD and see if they can sell you just the mounting hardware kit. FYI : it will not really want to be a kit you want to tackle by yourself unless you have patience and time. It will mount to the top of the strut towers and you will need to cut holes in the top black metal shield.

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does anyone have a picture of what the nuts look like? and if someone can just show me some pictures of what it looks like installed that will help me out alot.

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can i just drill a hole smaller than the screw and use some self locking screws or do i need a special nut. im planning on doing this this weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts