VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· 6 Is Better Than 5 ;)
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in Feb, I seen this post for Bernt Gauge Pods, ABD lowerer the price to 120 bucks: VWVortex.com - FS; Bernt Beetle 3-gauge pod $ 139.95

So,I went to their site ABD Racing | Home and tried ordering one, but it was displayed as full price.

I called them up and they said they were out of stock. Ok no biggie. Then they told me it would be full price, free shipping and a 2 week wait...I went ahead and ordered it. They charged my card on 3/3/11.

After 4 weeks and no pod, I called them up.
Adrian said he needed to talk to his glass man and would return my call the same day...

Well, after 2 weeks of not hearing back from him, I called them today. I spoke again w/ Adrian. He apologized for the shipping delay and for not returning my call. He said he was "expecting" the pods tomorrow. I told him to just go ahead and cancel my order and refund my money.

Today is 4/14/11 - 42 days AFTER they charged my card. Even if he did received them tomorrow, it would be another week before I got it so that would be 7 weeks I had to wait :banghead:

...and now it's time to play the waiting game to see how long it takes for them to refund my money.

· Premium Member
4,754 Posts
Totally unacceptable! Good post, Buddy! This is the kind of post that is helpful to all of us. Perhaps email this link to Adrian and give him a chance to respond! Couple of other threads running with the same kind of piss poor customer service being reported, from formerly excellent vendors. Pity where vendors have gone, especially with the economy in the gutter. You'd think products and customer service would be improving, not the other way around.

"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore..."

M.

· Premium Member
4,754 Posts

· 6 Is Better Than 5 ;)
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Still no money and still no word...

Here's my reply to Adrian over on the Vortex:

I will drop a line to my accounting department in regards to this refund. The refunds take approx 5-7 business days (sometimes longer depending on the issuing bank) for the money to become available funds in your account. I will contact you once i recieve an answer from accounting. Once again i apologize for the delay of the part and the refund.

Adrian,

I'm assuming you didn't hear anything from your accounting department on Thurs, Fri or today as you have failed to make any contact with me.

I'm also assuming your accounting department is co-located within the same establishment you work at, correct? Is it really hard to knock on their door and say "Hey, we have jacked this guy around long enough, what's up with his refund?"

I find it difficult to believe that you can withdrawl funds from my account while I'm still on the phone with you {gotta love real-time banking} but can't refund the same money in 11 days??? Your kidding, right???

I will be in contact with the BBB {Complaint Information } on Wed, Apr 27, to file a complaint if my account has not been credited by then.

A copy of this post will be posted on http://newbeetle.org so others can see how you and your company conduct business.

Sincerely,
Mike R.

· Registered
196 Posts
They might be right on the time for a refund to show on your account. In the UK we run a business and if we issue a refund it takes 3 working days to show, this is the same amount of time as it takes for money to arrive in our account too and is down to the banks and card issuers (Visa, Mastercard, Amex etc) not the company. But if it's a card refund them they should have a slip from the card machine, the same as when you pay, to confirm it has been done.
Banks here to seem to live in a world of their own, I have to fill in different slips if my account is in a different state eh? what? In the UK your bank is your bank no matter which branch you go to!

Good Luck.

Kate

· 6 Is Better Than 5 ;)
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Day 12 and still no refund...

I would call my bank and have them issue a charge back, but why do I have to do THEIR JOB???

It's not enough that I had to wait 42 days for a part, initiate contact {phone calls} twice to find out where the part was, never receiving a call back when I was told I would get one about the part, not contacting me after he spoke w/ his accounting department {if, he even did contact them} and now him updating his posts on the vortex and ignoring the one I asked where my refund was....

Why would a "Sales Manager" duck his customer??? Seriously???

· 6 Is Better Than 5 ;)
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update:

adrian,

day 12 and still no refund...

I see that you have updated your other posts on here but have neglected to reply to this thread or the bernt gauge pod thread....

Why are you ducking me??? Seriously???

As i stated before, i will be in contact w/ the bbb tomorrow if i haven't received my refund by then.

As well, i will post my experience w/ your company on every thread abd racingwerks has on this site, not just the beetle ones...

Adrian, do whats right and return my money....

Sincerely,

mike r.
Hi Mike,

i have to apologize for not keeping in contact with you, i have been out of the office due to a death in the family and my mind hasnt been the most reliable lately. Nevertheless you as a customer deserve better than what i have given you. I did get in contact with my accounting department which includes my merchant company (not located on site, but in MA.). I have made sure things have gone through on my end and the funds should be back into your account shortly. I will contact you friday to make sure the amount reflects back in your account. This is not normal practice and usually stems from special made to order parts such as this Bernt pod, as i have to turn to another company to get those made. Back in the Beetle hayday we were able to stock these and there was never an issue. Again, i apologize for my inconsistancies with staying in touch with you in regards to this.
Adrian,

I'm sorry for your loss, my sincere condolences.

Thank you for your response on this thread.

I will wait till Friday before continuing any course of action.

Sincerely,

Mike R.
thank you Mike, and thank you for calling me out, seriously. sometimes we need to be kicked in the a$$ to get back in gear. I am doing my best to get back on track with solving this issue. I agree with you that this is a rediculous amount of time to wait for a part to be made and then for the money to be refunded. im on it, i will contact you friday morning to touch base with you!
About 30mins after the above post I received a call from ABDs accounting saying that they just received my request for my refund and that they would be happy to overnight the pod to me for free...I explained the whole situation and that I just wanted my money. I asked her when she got the refund request...She told me it just hit her desk a few minutes before she called :confused:
So...how could Adrian tell me it would take approx 5-7 business days for the refund to hit my account when HE NEVER SUBMITTED the request :mad: :firedevil:firedevil:mad:

· Above average
529 Posts
Post shows exactly my impression I have from this company..I don't want to explain the whol story but I was waiting nearly 10 months for my item.... :( never ever...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.