NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
As stated in the previous forum, I'm interested.
And, I'd like to know the recommended wheel offset since the kit is a wide body.
thanks,
Rock

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
im interested in the spoilers. i would love to have the kit. but im a college kid with next to no money. so if you can make the top and bottom spoilers then ill gladly get one. plz keep us posted. but i want the spoilers....

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
I am talking with ther guy in Germany, because I want to import 3 kits so if we decide on making copies, they would be vitually undistiguishable SP? from the originals.

just be patient since the pieces are HUGE...

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Yep Bildon seels em at 4500 plus tax (in the state) and shipping.....

I am thinking of selling em at 2100-2500 a set MINUS the super big Spoiler, because I dunno if we could make a safe way of attaching it to the back of the BUG, I am trying to figure out a way to make that huge spoiler easy to attach and SAFE.
The Kit would include 4 wheel arches 4 sideskirts a front and back bumper, a top spoiler and a bottom rear bumper spoiler.

On wednesday Ill talk to the manefacturer of this kind of stuff here, Ill keep you posted. I think a realistic delivery date would be January 2006 but it could be sooner.

To make the offset of the wheels match the wide RSI body you would need a more positive offset by 20 mm so instead of the regular 35mm offset of the stock wheels youll need 12 to 15 mm (Original RSI wheels are 12 BTW), If you se 20 to 25 MM spacers you will be "in the ballpark"

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Yep originally I planed to do them on fibreglass and Def its much cheapper, but also the fitment and the quality is not the same so I contacted a guy that makes very good urethane/plastic pieces (I have caractere side skirts and its quality is as good if not better), and they are sturdy and very exact for mounting purposes.

I still have no exact price I dont know maybe they will be lower than 2000 (closer to 1500) but that depends on 2 things fisrt How many will be needed,and the mixture of the materials, Id love to make the bumpers more flezable so they can survive a small hit or mishap, if i make them in FG a small hit and the part is history. One of the thinbgs I LOVE about my Wings West front spoiler is that it has survived the worst luck ever, with stones, bumps, curbs and also a very hard bump with a ramp and to this day its still on one piece and unbroken.

Also Id need to keep at least 3 kits for spares just in case someone has to change something...

Ill post more information this wednesday or the day after..

BTW I dunno but I was thinking in making the mols slightly different for the sakes of branding or exclusivity...what would you like to see?

Maybe make a caractere like air dam in the sideskirts / a round gas falp soo you can put teh Audi TT aluminium gas cap? or something?

·
Performance Freak
137 Posts
I would say keep it exact.
Market it as an RSi kit.
If you start adding things that aren't authentic to the RSi like the TT gas cap or an opening on the side, it will ruin it.
This is my opinion of course, but I love the RSi and would consider this body if it were an exact copy.

I also like the idea of flexibility. I've seen too many cracked front spoilers on cars that make it look like a $10 POS. Don't do Fiberglass.

Keep us posted.

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
Weight and attachment are the main troubles with the BIG RSI spoiler but I guess I have that one figured out, I have th emeeting this wednesday, Ill keep you posted...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts