NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,is there anybody out there that can help.PROBLEM,i have a 1999 1.9 tdi new beetle,i bought it recently,it has koni shocks and lowered,i went to test the car and failed as i was told the abs light does not iluminate when turning on the ignition and the esp does not seem to work no light ,so i sent it to a local garage where they have vag computer and they said its like somebody has cut through the wires not that they have,the abs pump was tested and is ok,the mechanic sugested that i change the steering angle sensor and a rear wheel sensor.he allso said that the vag comp could not see where the problem was and it was as if someone had turned it off,it is a sporty looking car,has anyone got any ideas,i am out in Finland and really need the help,can the abs be turned off via the cars ecu.PLEASE HELP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi,is there anybody out there that can help.problem,i have a 1999 1.9 tdi new beetle,i bought it recently,it has koni shocks and lowered,i went to test the car and failed as i was told the abs light does not iluminate when turning on the ignition and the esp does not seem to work no light ,so i sent it to a local garage where they have vag computer and they said its like somebody has cut through the wires not that they have,the abs pump was tested and is ok,the mechanic sugested that i change the steering angle sensor and a rear wheel sensor.he allso said that the vag comp could not see where the problem was and it was as if someone had turned it off,it is a sporty looking car,has anyone got any ideas,i am out in finland and really need the help,can the abs be turned off via the cars ecu.please help.
and i must mention that neither the abs or the esp work on the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts