NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
75 year old car nut
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 new beetle, 117,000 miles has had the ABS light on intermittently for some time, had it diagnosed, and the entire unit replaced with a used one, $250.00 as opposed to $1100.00 for a new one. Six months later same thing, hit a bump, (and there are many here in Tucson) the light goes on, hit another, and it goes off. Dealer traced it to the LF sensor, and replaced it, a month later same problem.
If it stays on long enough, the brake light will come on, and it will beep and annoy....
I know I still have brakes, but this is getting to me. Anyone have a similar thing happen, and know a cure?
Earl

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 99has had the ABS light on for the last 40,000 miles. My mechanic said the wheel sensors were fine, the only cure was a new ABS computer....big $$$'s. Even when it was working, I never needed ABS anyway, so I just live with the light being on. Same thing for the Airbag light, code indicates the driver's side seat airbag is throwing a fault code....I just live with that one also.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
My 99has had the ABS light on for the last 40,000 miles. My mechanic said the wheel sensors were fine, the only cure was a new ABS computer....big $$$'s. Even when it was working, I never needed ABS anyway, so I just live with the light being on. Same thing for the Airbag light, code indicates the driver's side seat airbag is throwing a fault code....I just live with that one also.
You might live with the airbag light, AND you might die because of it! Geez...

MORAV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts