NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My daughter's Beatle has problems and I need to fix qucikly so she can go to work Friday.

The AC is blowing hot air in her 2000 VW Beatle with 2.0 engine. Mechanic who looked at it last time says freon is ok, compress turns on if he hot wires to battery and it works. Fuses on top of battery are OK. I assume there is a control module somewhere that controls AC. Can you tell me where?

Also, one radiator fan got busted today (blades broke off motor shaft) and second fan does not seem to turn on. (I turned on AC and fan did not come on). Are these problems related to AC? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
The power to the A/C compressor clutch comes from the fan control module, the same one that runs the cooling fans. It is located on the side of the engine compartment below the battery. See this for some good info about the A/C and cooling fans:

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...3260-summers-coming-here-check-your-fans.html

The interior fan needs to work also before the A/C will come on, so that is another possible source of trouble.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the AC pressure sensor replaced and the compressor started to work again.

The AC is blowing luke-cool air, however. My mechanic said the system probably needs a purge and refilling before it blows cold. But at least I found the problem with the AC not working.

JC

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'd find a better mechanic, preferably one who knows (modern, water cooled) VW's better.

·
Super Moderator
14,786 Posts
I had no AC. Yesterday, I took it in to be repaired. It was a fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts