VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear beetlers

I got a 2009 2.5L candy white beetle (auto) and recently it was sent to VW dealership for 60,000 mi maintenance. The technician mentioned the AC compressor is not working well(took a while to have cool air come out, say 5-10 mins depends on how hot outside is and how fast I was driving.) The total charge for replacing it is ~$850. Does anyone know if there any place in Htown that can fix it with lower price? Deeply appreciate......:)

LI

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
That's not a bad price. If they replace every component in the system, they can give you a lifetime warranty for that.
If they won't offer you a lifetime warranty then they're not using a complete kit.
I can do it for that price with a lifetime warranty, but you have to drive to the otherside of Austin.
Just shop around, and talk with people who are running the shop. If they are not willing to explain to you what they're going to do, move on until you find someone who will let u know what's goin on.
Communication is the biggest key in the automotive industry to let you know if your getting ripped off or not!
If they don't really want to talk to you, they're probably being shady. :)
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts