VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2001 VW Beetle, 2.0 liter
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the newbeetle.org forum. Just bought a 2001 beetle for my 16 year old. Having AC issues and have been going through all of the troubleshooting guides I can find on this forum. However, I can't seem to get to the connector on the AC compressor to check the coil resistance. I can get it unplugged, but the radiator hose is in the way of getting inside the connector to check the resistance there. Can anyone tell me of an easy way to check the resistance on the compressor while it is still on the car without having to remove the radiator hose that's right over top of the connector? Has anyone come across this problem before?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts

·
2001 VW Beetle, 2.0 liter
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for that response. I didn't see a way to back probe the coil connector itself without removing the radiator hose? Which I don't want to do because that thing is hard to burp. So are you saying to reconnect the 2 wire harness and get the resistance by piercing the two wires? Also, I read something late yesterday where someone said it can be measured at the T14/10 to ground connector off of the FCM. Pardon my lack of knowledge, but would this be accurate and if so can you explain exactly how that is done. I'm not much with the multimeter.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Fcm

That signal does come from the FCM module and you probably could read it there but getting to the fcm is also a pita in my opinion. It's mounted under the battery tray and you can gain access from below just remove a few splash guard plastic shields.
hope you have thin hands/forearms..LOL :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts