NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team once again I'm posting strange issues with my beetle, this is beetle number 5 I bought last week,
Motor starts great and running fine, now there is a issue I don't understand, yesterday I vacuum the system and place 2 bottles of gas, the ac works great, cold inside as it supposed to be, but now comes the strange issue, when you turn on the ac the fans doesn't start, it starts after 2 min and turn off back in 40 seconds, and then the same routine again, I bought a brand new fan module, the one under the battery, same issue, check the fuses, changed the ac controls inside the car, same issue.
Is there something that you guys know that it can check?
One more thing I noticed to when the fans kicks in the motor goes down, in some cases it turns the car off, this happen with the ac on, or off, sometime when the fans kicks in it stuttered the motor and it picks up back, but sometime it can't afford it and turn the engine off.
I checked everything and I don't know what else to check.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
fans

Sounds like you got a few fans going bad on ya or loose chassis grounding wires somewhere's. I would check the resistance with an ohm meter to the fan if the windings are starting to short out that's why it's pulling too much current when they come on it bugs down the system. You could have a combination of both problems and the alternator alone cant' keep up with the heavy load. Do a google search on where the grounding connections are to the chassis, I know there is one beneath the battery tray and one next to the right headlight and one next to the tranny I believe.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Team, after 1 freaking month of searching for the problem, today I damn found it, thanks to "summer is coming check your fans" I found that the fans I bought from ebay, doesn't turn on, on slow speed, they only works on high speed, I don't know but I used some old I had, and they worked better than the new ones, there is no difference same model, same fans, but doesn't work, I noticed that now the car doesn't turn off because the start at a lower speed than the new ones, many thanks to all.
Thanks,
Ryan C from curaçao

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
good

Glad ya found the problem fella. Sometimes it's best to test the Ebay parts before you slap them into your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts