VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a vw new beetle convertible 2.5 2006. The AC doesn't work. I have checked the pressure on the low side before put gas in and the gauge (the gauge of a recharche bottle) says 100 psi and it's into the red zone....
Is it too much? Is there a high pressure switch? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Assuming the A/C does not work so the compressor does not run?

If the A/C is turned off and/or the compressor does not run, then 100 PSI on the low side is pretty normal.

See this Pressure/Temperature chart - Pressure - Temperature Chart for HFC-134a

Start by checking fuses and make sure the A/C button turns yellow when trying to use the A/C.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have checked the fuses on top the battery and they are fine. Athena/c button turns yellow when pushed.
I'm no able to see if the clutch of the ac engages because is in a side on 2.5 liter.
Is my understanding that if the ac runs, has to run even the radiator fan. Right? I tried even that and it doesn't spin when i turn on the ac.

Assuming the A/C does not work so the compressor does not run?

If the A/C is turned off and/or the compressor does not run, then 100 PSI on the low side is pretty normal.

See this Pressure/Temperature chart - Pressure - Temperature Chart for HFC-134a

Start by checking fuses and make sure the A/C button turns yellow when trying to use the A/C.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Check fuses in the side of the dash panel on the drivers side as well.

There may also be a relay and/or a low pressure sensor that is disconnected or bad??

I would have to look at the entire schematic to see what all the NB has for A/C controls.

Check out this site as well - Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - HVAC > Control Module HVAC > Component Information > Technical Service Bulletins > Customer Interest: > 8707-17 > Nov > 07 > A/C - Does Not Get

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried all fuses and they are good.

Check fuses in the side of the dash panel on the drivers side as well.

There may also be a relay and/or a low pressure sensor that is disconnected or bad??

I would have to look at the entire schematic to see what all the NB has for A/C controls.

Check out this site as well - Volkswagen Workshop Manuals > New Beetle L5-2.5L (BPS) (2006) > Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - HVAC > Control Module HVAC > Component Information > Technical Service Bulletins > Customer Interest: > 8707-17 > Nov > 07 > A/C - Does Not Get

·
Registered
113 Posts
could be the gate valve in the compressor. I have the same problem and have a trouble code for the valve. the valves are about 50 bucks, but as all things on this car they are a small pain to change.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The temperature display on the dash of the roof shows the temperature properly.
Is this the one you are talking about?

Someone has the diagram to take a look into and start testing something?

thanks!

Time to study the diagrams.

Does the outside thermometer in the car work properly?

Ambient air temp sensor problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
changed the solenoid valve and works great now.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/163203658389

The temperature display on the dash of the roof shows the temperature properly.
Is this the one you are talking about?

Someone has the diagram to take a look into and start testing something?

thanks!

Time to study the diagrams.

Does the outside thermometer in the car work properly?

Ambient air temp sensor problem?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts