VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys back again.
Just trying to fix. My gf beetle so far I have fixed a couple things to all u guys here. Very helpful. So anyways the ac doesn't blow out cold air. Already tried that ac pro charger thing didn't work. I'm not mechanic but if I could fix it myself I wil. Can it b the ac compresor? If so how can I check if it working. Can it b a fuse? Hopefully its not something major. Thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
why sure

Start by telling us what you get when you push the dash A/C button in and the blower selector knob is on at least one speed setting? Does the compressor clutch engage? are both front motor electric fans running?

IF your answer is yes to the above than do this next;

You know how to hookup and read the A/C manifold gauges? Start there. let us know what your pressure reading are, the low should be around 35-45 depending on ambient temperature and the high about 180-210.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes on the first part.
But I don't have a pressure gauge so I guess I'll just have to buy one. If the compressor engages that means the ac compressor works rite?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
compressor

Yes on the first part.
But I don't have a pressure gauge so I guess I'll just have to buy one. If the compressor engages that means the ac compressor works rite?
no, it means the electronics to engage the compressor is working but the compressor could still not be producing high pressure or the Freon could have leaked out or what?? that's why you need those gauges to see what the system is doing and compare to this chart. If you have never done A/C work and used the pressure gauges I would suggest you get familiarized how those work because they're not all exactly the same.

My first guess is if the compressor is engage and clutch is spinning and low side pressure is high or closely equal to the high side pressure than your compressor is shot, done done. When my compressor failed a year ago my low side was arouind 85 and my high side was 100.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks a lot ill c wat i do. today i was messing with the ac turned the knob to the cold side and it blew pretty hot air rite in my face but then i turned the knob to the hot side and kind cold air was coming out. thats odd rite

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
cold when hot air select

Never heard of that happening but it's possible I guess when the blend door inside the dash vents is going out on you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys, I´m having a simmilar problem. My wife´s NB 2.0 MY 2001, AEG engine battery was totally drain, I replaced it but now A/C is not working, compressor engage, it blows air inside cabin, but both electro fans are not working, I mean they only work when car is hot enough, but they don´t turn on when I turn on A/C. My mechanic checked gas charge with manifold gauges, and it was Ok, I checked all fuses, inside cabin fuse panel and on top of battery. Mechanic said he checked fan control module and seems to be OK, he thikns it´s the computer which is not senditn the propper signal, but as far as I know my car has manual air control, and it don´t depend on computer, am I correct?
what else can be?

thanks in advance for your help

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts