VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I know a lot have had AC problems I have read a lot of posts but none fix my problem. I am in arizona and has been really hot lately and yesterday my wife was driving her bug and the ac just stopped working. After checking it out when I turn AC on the compressor does not kick on but the engine surges idle up and down every few seconds and there is a clicking sound coming from top or behing engine. I have checked all fuse plus the green 30amp one on top of battery all are good and clean and both fans are on no problem does have feon had it serviced last year was blowing cold yesterday before it stopped. Any help appreciated I did order the fcm just in case thats the problem will have in a few days

·
Registered
18,591 Posts

·
Registered
18,591 Posts
Can you give us more info; about the parts, part #’s and brands of the parts you bought for the a/c compressor were? This kind of info, can help; the next person with a similar problem, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for that I will post pictures of the kit I bought off eBay was for a SD7V16 compressor is what I looked up and found parts for easier then trying to look up under the car info so if you do have a SD7V16 compressor these parts will work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts