NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
BeetleBug7
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of days ago I noticed that when the AC is on #1-3 I can feel cold air, but blowing really low. I switch it to #4 and the AC button no longer lights up and I don't get any cool air, just air flow. Both fans run on #1-3 but stop when I switch to #4. Any suggestions?

7/25/10 Tore down the glove box and blower motor is fine, i disconnected and hooked up a new one but still no ac on #4. Took off the resistor and low and behold it is corroded, wet and melted one connection where it shorted. We also had a heck of a storm last night and the floor on the passenger side is terribly wet. I knew I had seen a little water every now and then on the passenger floor and figured the drains were blocked. But boy has it done some damage to the blower resistor. I need to buy a new connector from the harness to the resistor. Tried to clean the drains out but can only go so far and it's blocked.

7/29/10 Installed the resistor and A/C is running again....yipppeee cool air!!! Take my car in tomorrow to have the drains cleaned......thanks for the info!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts