NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2007 Beetle that the ac quit working on. I replaced the ac control panel and it didnt work.

Whats happening is the ac on/off switch will light up only when the fan speed is on 1, the fan doesnt blow at that speed however.

When the fan speed is increased to 2, the ac switch light goes out and the blower begins to blow.

Positions 3 and 4 on the blower work as well but they are just blowing ambient temp air.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them, Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
There is a fairly common issue with the contact in the fan speed switch breaking. See this:

VWVortex.com - HVAC Control Malfunction...With pictures! A/C not turning on, no blower speeds, melting smell!!!

Sound like your contact is still there, just bent up a little. You may be able to straighten the contact and get the switch to work again. The center part of the dash has to come apart to do this, including removing the radio. You will need the radio code to get it to work again after removing it.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I took a look at the wiring diagram. I'm pretty sure the blower motor resistor is bad. If you can disconnect it and check for continuity between pins 4 and 5 I suspect you will find it is open whereas it shouldn't be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts