NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,855 Posts
Welcome to the org fellow beetlebro, and musician I'm a drummer & keyboardist:cool:

What direction are you wanting to go with your ride?

Tinting the windows is a good start.
You can change out the tail lights for aftermarket. If that's not in the budget,you can get a can of spray can of Nite Shades & darken the tail lights a little bit. Check your local laws before tinting your tail lights.

An offset stripe is a cool touch too. If you can't afford going to a vinyl shop, you can mask off the stripes and use plasti-dip and paint them yourself. Nice thing about Plasti-Dip is if you did the stripes/project wrong, or get tired of them & want to change things up, you can always peel them off. check out dipyourcar.com & you'll get a lot if great ideas. You can "dip" your roof, your hood...a lot of ideas on that site.

I don't know what the conditions of your roads are, but another cool option; but will cost you some money, is lowering your car. You can go with a moderate drop, or go extreme & scrape pavement. I don't recommend the latter because you need the expenses to do the job/modidicatiins as well as subsequent repairs/upkeep.

Regardless of what you do, realize that will always be haters, insecure dudes, & ignorant people with a follow mentality, who will continue to call the new beetle a chick car. You've gotta have the stones buddy, like the rest if us beetleboyz, to be your own cat and drive what makes you happy. If your buds aren't cool with what you drive & hound you to get something else, you don't need friends like that. Enjoy that beetle man.

Start the mods and have a good time. Make sure you post you progress.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know about lifting a beetle?? I live in the mountains so being able to do a little offroading to get wear I need to without getting stuck would be awesome but I heard the beetles engine won't have the torque needed

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I was wondering about increasing ground clearance as well, hope someone knows. BTW, you've got about 122 foot-pounds of torque.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So in researching everything and seeing as next year ill have to drive quite a distance to get to school and my job doesn't really pay highly as much as I want to make an offroad style bug I really need mpg so rims and tires are gonna be the main thing

·
T.O.D.7 Will U be there?
869 Posts
NEW BEETLES ROCK---man candy + new beetle = SEXY:rolleyes:

Welcome to the ORG!

:banana: ~Sandi~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts