1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
beatmania IIDX
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yay, it's my car. For my intro thread, go here:

http://www.newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23374

Exterior shots:

Oh look, I removed the rear headrests! IT MAKES THE CAR GO FASTER.

This is the left rear reflector on the bumper, and there's some crap on it, same as the wheels. Anyone know if that's normal, lol?

Wheel crap; basically on every well, and I can't/am too lazy to get it off.

Hole #1: Midway on that plastic piece under wipers.

Hole #2:, near Hole #1

Engine time, yay. A bit of rust/corrosion. The wetness is just water, I just took it to be washed.

The problem with the rubber coating on the door handles and other places.

Taken from back seat with hatch open, hahaha. Look at those sweet floor mats, just ten bucks at Wal-Mart.

Nothing in bud vase. BECAUSE I DON'T WANT EXTRA WEIGHT SLOWING THE CAR DOWN.

Moved left cupholder since it was hitting my leg. ALSO, IT MAKES THE CAR FASTER MY DECREASING INTERIOR DRAG THEREFORE ADDING MORE AIRFLOW THROUGH THE CABIN.

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Great looking Bug! I've always loved Techno Blue.

I don't know what that might be on the reverse light. I guess just gunk built up over time, though I haven't seen it like that on my Bug.

Best of luck with the speed mods! :D

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
The answer is Yes. A good waxing, wheel cleaning, interior vaccuuming, yes it's worth it! :D

It looks good for it's age. A little TLC, and it will look good as new! :clap: Your NB is worth a little pampering, don'tcha think? ;)

·
Tired.....
3,970 Posts
I love techno blue! Sweet lookin buggy you have there.

The gunk on the backup light would appear to be be a combination of oil/road grime/dirt build up. It's easy to get the housing out so you can clean it. The stuff on the wheels appears to be just everyday brake dust. It might take some elbow grease to get that off, but the results will be worth it.

It is a sweet lookin buggy though! :bigthumb:

·
beatmania IIDX
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just wondering why it's only on the left light though.

And yeah, I would normally keep it in show condition, but the millions of scratches on the hood and various scratches/problems elsewhere are preventing me from feeling motivated enough to do that.

·
Bug me again!
2,758 Posts
AceJay said:
Exhaust side?

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Nice!
That gunk looks like soot, just like Ewa said :) I guess the previous owner either couldn't see or couldn't bend down that far. Glad you're cleaning him/her up.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
AceJay said:

And yeah, I would normally keep it in show condition, but the millions of scratches on the hood and various scratches/problems elsewhere are preventing me from feeling motivated enough to do that.

Not sure how well this product works but i have read good reviews. You might do a search.

http://www.autogeek.net/megscratxfin.html

·
beatmania IIDX
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Damn it.

Of course I STILL can't find the camera cord so I ended up buying one today, and I also washed the car again. Unfortunately shortly thereafter I became a chauffeur for my family and extended family and 4 small kids, which actually all fit in the rear seat. So yeah, it's all dirty now, and I'm pissed.

And the freaking Wheel crap is STILL ON THERE.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I was gonna ask for new pictures, but I won't. When you feel better, take your time. ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 85 Posts