VW Beetle Forum banner

AceJay's 1999 Techno Blue GLS

12K views 85 replies 23 participants last post by  AceJay 
#1 · (Edited)
Yay, it's my car. For my intro thread, go here:

http://www.newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23374

Exterior shots:

Oh look, I removed the rear headrests! IT MAKES THE CAR GO FASTER.

This is the left rear reflector on the bumper, and there's some crap on it, same as the wheels. Anyone know if that's normal, lol?

Wheel crap; basically on every well, and I can't/am too lazy to get it off.

Hole #1: Midway on that plastic piece under wipers.

Hole #2:, near Hole #1

Engine time, yay. A bit of rust/corrosion. The wetness is just water, I just took it to be washed.

The problem with the rubber coating on the door handles and other places.

Taken from back seat with hatch open, hahaha. Look at those sweet floor mats, just ten bucks at Wal-Mart.

Nothing in bud vase. BECAUSE I DON'T WANT EXTRA WEIGHT SLOWING THE CAR DOWN.

Moved left cupholder since it was hitting my leg. ALSO, IT MAKES THE CAR FASTER MY DECREASING INTERIOR DRAG THEREFORE ADDING MORE AIRFLOW THROUGH THE CABIN.

See less See more
#5 ·
The answer is Yes. A good waxing, wheel cleaning, interior vaccuuming, yes it's worth it! :D

It looks good for it's age. A little TLC, and it will look good as new! :clap: Your NB is worth a little pampering, don'tcha think? ;)

#6 ·
I love techno blue! Sweet lookin buggy you have there.

The gunk on the backup light would appear to be be a combination of oil/road grime/dirt build up. It's easy to get the housing out so you can clean it. The stuff on the wheels appears to be just everyday brake dust. It might take some elbow grease to get that off, but the results will be worth it.

It is a sweet lookin buggy though! :bigthumb:

#10 ·
AceJay said:
I'm just wondering why it's only on the left light though.
Exhaust side?

#12 ·
Nice!
That gunk looks like soot, just like Ewa said :) I guess the previous owner either couldn't see or couldn't bend down that far. Glad you're cleaning him/her up.

#14 ·
AceJay said:
I'm just wondering why it's only on the left light though.

And yeah, I would normally keep it in show condition, but the millions of scratches on the hood and various scratches/problems elsewhere are preventing me from feeling motivated enough to do that.

Not sure how well this product works but i have read good reviews. You might do a search.

http://www.autogeek.net/megscratxfin.html

#19 ·
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Damn it.

Of course I STILL can't find the camera cord so I ended up buying one today, and I also washed the car again. Unfortunately shortly thereafter I became a chauffeur for my family and extended family and 4 small kids, which actually all fit in the rear seat. So yeah, it's all dirty now, and I'm pissed.

And the freaking Wheel crap is STILL ON THERE.

#20 ·
I was gonna ask for new pictures, but I won't. When you feel better, take your time. ;) ;)

#23 ·
I removed the cup holder, it hit my leg too much.

And believe me there are many more things wrong with this car than you can see in the pictures:

-Malfunctioning stereo
-Dusted layers of tiny white paint specks all over, including the windshield, which causes me to lose visibility.
-Ghetto wipers, streak so much I just leave them off when it rains
-Wiper fluid sprays really low pressure despite replacing nozzles
-Engine is not sounding too happy, and wavers a lot.
-Windows suck like some other early NBs.
-Tons of other interior damage.
-Left A/C vent is losing power, always on 1-ish.
-Tires losing grip.
-Hood latch seems like it will come loose and kill me while I'm driving one day.
-Same with the trunk, though in reverse.
-No spare or jack.
-Some undercarriage rust.
-And much, much, more.

:D

#26 ·
Ouch:eek: that grill took a good scraping. And folks want me to lower my bug- it looks good but I don't want the same to happen to my Cup, especially with these Florida roads. Looks like you have some interior paint mods on the way- enjoy:).

Really like your bug, and the camera you take your pics must be a good one. Your picture quality is choice:).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.