NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just upgraded my monsoon system and it sounds great. Went with a single JL audio W6 13.5" sub and JL HD750/1 amp. We built the sealed box to the specs on JL's site and it fit perfect. The factory monsoons are just enough to make it sound perfect. I was worried the bass would drown the factory highs but it is nice and clean on all music types.

Attachments

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Good God i didnt think the 13.5 would fit in the back. I have a 10 JL W3v3 with the JL powerwedge and that barley fits. I even mounted my amp on the back of the box to save what little space i have lol. I bet that 13.5 is crazy loud, i can hardly handle my 10. Looks nice though.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Good God i didnt think the 13.5 would fit in the back. I have a 10 JL W3v3 with the JL powerwedge and that barley fits. I even mounted my amp on the back of the box to save what little space i have lol. I bet that 13.5 is crazy loud, i can hardly handle my 10. Looks nice though.

You can get 2 x 15's in the trunk with
2 amps and a powercap on the back
Of the rear seats.

Facing away from you for reflection sound ;)

Looks sweet, miss mine :)

·
He who walks on Ice!
106 Posts
When i worked for Audio 1...people often asked why do you face the sub to the back of the car in the NB...well. the bass extracts from the rear of the sub, and bounces. So, for sound performance, you aim the sub to the back, cause of the dome style of the car. It shoots the bass forward (it's like this in all hatch style cars). This pushes a louder and more responsive bass sound to the front of the car, and bounces off the front windshield back to you. You increase DB by doing this!

·
2005 1.8T
58 Posts
Hey there I was wondering how the stock electrical system is handling the additional strain. Any light dimming. Did you upgrade battery or add a cap? I am about to install a beast of a system 2000 watts rms 4000 peak and know I will be upgrading the battery and alternator....was just curious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts