NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2004, New Beetle convertible, that has the factory tape deck head unit installed. It has no cd player and I want to add a factory CD changer to it. However, I can't find anywhere (even contacting the dealership), if the wire's are already ran from the factory and if it would be in the trunk or at the armrest.

If the car would have it in the trunk, where exactly would the wire be located? I've spent a little time looking around, but unable to locate anything other than an amplifier hanging from the top left side, in the trunk.

Any input and assistance, is greatly appreciated!

·
Mom, Wife, Lover of VW's
186 Posts
Check in your arm rest, I believe the 2003-2004 had them in the arm rest and not in the trunk. If there was a connector in the trunk it would be on the drivers side of the trunk.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check in your arm rest, I believe the 2003-2004 had them in the arm rest and not in the trunk. If there was a connector in the trunk it would be on the drivers side of the trunk.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the input! So, you think the wire would be ran to the arm rest? Of course, the current armrest, is just the standard storage unit.

I did look on the driver side in the trunk. Is the wire on the top, side or bottom? At the top, it appears to be an amplifier encased in a medal box. Just to add, the current head unit/tape deck, has a button to select "CD."

Thanks for the input. I'm extremely new to the Beetle's. Just purchased the car for my wife on Tuesday.

·
Time to unpimp ze auto!
234 Posts
I have a 2004, New Beetle convertible, that has the factory tape deck head unit installed. It has no cd player and I want to add a factory CD changer to it. However, I can't find anywhere (even contacting the dealership), if the wire's are already ran from the factory and if it would be in the trunk or at the armrest.

If the car would have it in the trunk, where exactly would the wire be located? I've spent a little time looking around, but unable to locate anything other than an amplifier hanging from the top left side, in the trunk.

Any input and assistance, is greatly appreciated!
Do you need the OEM changer? I have one if you're interested!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you need the OEM changer? I have one if you're interested!
I was googling the subject and saw your post. I may be interested. I have a 2003 Beetle with the connector in the console. (I have been meaning to sign up and this pushed me over the edge.)

·
Time to unpimp ze auto!
234 Posts
I was googling the subject and saw your post. I may be interested. I have a 2003 Beetle with the connector in the console. (I have been meaning to sign up and this pushed me over the edge.)
Awesome! Welcome to the org! Very nice people here, you'll learn a lot and make friends too. So yes, I do have it available. I'm located in Orlando, and I will be going to Tail of the Dragon 5 in North Carolina if you want to avoid shipping :) Or I can ship it to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome! Welcome to the org! Very nice people here, you'll learn a lot and make friends too. So yes, I do have it available. I'm located in Orlando, and I will be going to Tail of the Dragon 5 in North Carolina if you want to avoid shipping :) Or I can ship it to you.
I would need it shipped. How much do you want for it? Will send you a PM.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have one, but the cartridge is missing(I believe its a 6 disc) if someone wants to pay the shipping IT'S FREE! I would imagine it would only be a few $$ to ship from Canada, and you can do a pay on arrival thing right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts