NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks,

Looking for a front bumper mod like a skid plate or a bar across the bottom.

I have a buddy that has a 1998 New Beetle that his daughter has wrecked twice. They were both really minor front end impacts and neither one had the airbag deploy BUT... the damage was extensive in both - Over $800.00 just in parts alone!

The latest was on a rock lining my driveway when she was turning in to come babysit the kids and she slid on some ice. It went right through the lower bumper and folded the condensor and the radiator into a V.

My point is that I am wondering if anyone has a front bumper mod that will protect the condenser and radiator better than the plastic bumper and that stupid piece of fiberglass across the bottom. A skid plate or a bar out front??? Looks are not as important as function as he doesn't want to do the repair a third time.

Any ideas or pics would be appreciated.

·
Every one calls me Fuzzy
859 Posts
i may be able to come up with something for you i will be back in school and i will draw something up for you. I will do my best to hide as much as possible. If you could let me know what year it is. If it is a 98-05 ( i think ) i will be able to use my NB as a reference. i may also be able to build this for you. The only worry I have doing this is building something that will keep the air bag from deploying. It sounds like these were some what slower speeds. If there was to be a higher speed crash i would not want to be liable for the air bag not deploying and some one getting hurt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts