NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a possibly stupid question. I got my 2002 Beetle in February (hubby bought Doug for my valentine's day gift) and haven't had any major problems. I never liked where the seatbelt sat on me but I didn't mess with it until last week. I got bored and decided to adjust the seatbelt shoulder height. I figured I would raise it all the way up then lower it until I got the right position. Well I raised it up and now I can't get it to go back down. My husband and I have both tried everything we can think of. We have pushed, pulled, and twisted the thing and nothing happens. I thought there might be a button or something to push but I couldn't find anything. Are we just stupid or is there a trick to it? Please help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tried messing with the seatbelt on the other side and I got that one stuck too. They have both been stuck in the highest position for over a week now.:( Maybe I'll just have the dealership fix next time I drive by and ask for a free car wash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
seat belt height adjust

I have been there! Nothing like having a seat belt across your neck! The plastic "cover" at the pivot of the seat belt (where it attaches to the door pillar) is the adjustment latch. You lift up on the bottom (pull up and out) and it should let the seat belt come loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts