VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Beetle GLS convertible, 2.0 5 speed
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to fix up my lady's "Gizmo" a 2004 GLS convertible, 5 speed, in cyber green. Only 84k on the clock. Going with a new top, tires, flushing brake, trans, and power steering fluid, full detail, fixing her up nicely and checking everything out thoroughly. To the point... I'm on a budget here and Weathertech wants $180 for a full set of floor liners, just wondering if anyone has tried the cheap Chinese (under $100) eBay stuff out there? They look like full liners, not just mats, and there's a couple sellers with custom logo stitching available... Her logo will say "Gizmo" (the thing is an absolute Gremlin, the name is fitting, LoL) Experienced buyer's replies would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,878 Posts
I don't remember where I found this, but I got a used set of Weather Tech mats for my 2013 Beetle. I also have a set of Monster Mats for it. I bought the Monsters from VW. Discounted, since they discontinued our Beetles. The Weather Tech (front only) was either here, at the Org, or maybe Facebook market place or Craigslist? Whichever way, they were sent to me.

Even the cheap knock-off will protect your carpets, if only for a while at least. Go for it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts