VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silverpodgirl
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my Beetle 6-15-2001 finally got rid of it 4-19-15 Tired of pouring money into it and it needed more work. Mechanic said STOP putting money into it. I finally did. Got a Jetta, so kept it in the family. It needed much more work after putting thousands into it over the last couple of years. VW dealer said back in 2001 they were cute, but junk. Oh well. Only 146,000 on it. :cool:

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, I would say ANY car; after 14 years, has served you well, after 100k, allot of parts will wear out and need replaced. Unless, you do the work yourself and want to keep the car; it doesn't make financial sense, time to move on. What Jetta did you get; to replace it? How about some pics? :)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Remind me not to ever go to that VW dealer if I happen to be visiting California. Telling someone a product they sell is "junk" isn't exactly a sound business decision......

I will say you do have to really love these cars to keep them after the repairs exceed their value, but many of us on here do just that.

·
steeleyenz
3 Posts
After 14 years

I agree with billymade.If you're talking miles rather than kilometres (we use kilometres in NZ)then that's roughly 235,000 kilometres your Bug has travelled. Not too shabby. Of course it depends on just how much you've poured into it I guess. My 02 1.8T has only travelled 99,000k Test drove a Jetta recently (low k's 2008 model)didn't pass the smile test. Good luck with your Jetta.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts