VW Beetle Forum banner

After a couple old Volkswagens, I finally upgraded to a Turbo S :D

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  BibiBug 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

Well although I had to part with my other VWs to afford it (a 73 Standard Beetle and a 93 Fox), I've finally got my hands on a 2002 New Beetle Turbo S. Although it has 113,000 miles on it, its in pretty darn good shape, and I've never been happier with a car :D

I still have to pay it off, but once I do I'm hoping to spiff it up a bit. Nothing too crazy, probably just a louder exhaust and maybe a proper HID kit.

One question I have for other Turbo owners: A local shop I took it to to have checked out before buying it recommended I never put Synthetic oil in it, yet that is what we usually put in our cars, and a bunch of websites seem to specifically recommend it for turbo cars to reduce sludge. What is your guys' take on the matter?

Anyways, here are a few pics. Sorry if they are a lil "artistic" for your tastes. I'm kinda into photography/photoshop, and go a little overboard sometimes :p

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Being a teenage male, I couldn't quite get myself to put a big daisy in the bud vase...so after much brainstorming my friend and I came up with this :p Wasn't too difficult to make haha. I suppose a Piranha Plant is still a flower :p

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Black

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volkswagen new beetle Motor vehicle

Car Volkswagen new beetle Vehicle Red Volkswagen

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle

See less See more
#13 ·
Thanks, everyone! :D

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I've been pretty busy doing stuff I wasn't able to do during the school year.

Haha thanks. I got a film SLR from one of my Mom's friends as a graduation present...Although monetarily it was nearly worthless, it was definitely my favorite grad present. And after saving up for a used DSLR on eBay, I've been hooked :)

Sorry, forgot to answer your question about synthetic oil. I run Castrol Syntec in my TS and I think most turbo owners will tell you they use synthetic oil as well.
Great, thanks for the info. I will change it soon with some Synthetic :)

Wow! that's one schweet bug mang! From one beetle boy to another- welcome to the org.

It's kinda funny. Some of us nB owners want to find an air-cooled to add to the stable, such as your 73 Standard and you sold yours. Still it's cool that you're rocking a TS! The fox is pretty cool to- like to get my hands on one of those; then again I need a bigger garage:lol:

And SixChuter is correct, and so are you- Synthetic oil is the wine of choice for our turbo engines...reduced sludge is correct.

Lastly, you've got to make some more piranha plants. I want to buy one off ya. I'm sure you could sell a few here- very dude friendly. Either that, or do a "how to make a piranha plant" thread, so we can make one ourselves- either way, i'm good with it. Nice work:bigthumb:

Piranha, hmmmmm.... might be a good name for someones beetle:rolleyes:

Keep the pics coming. I like you photo skills:goodjob:
Haha...well I miss Foxy already...it was a very unique car, don't see too many of em! And my '73 actually hasn't sold yet...I've had a ton of people come check it out, but no ones buyin' it! And if my Mom wasn't complaining about my family having too many cars constantly, I would have kept them haha...

And yeah, I could definitely post a how-to on the Piranha Plant...or sell them to pay off my car haha :p

That looks like my first New Beetle. I see you are local! :party:

Welcome to the Org, and Welcome to the Turbo S! :D
Thanks! I see you have a Toureg...I tried to convince my Mom to get one back in '05 (My Grandma was kind enough to buy her a new car because all of our old ones kept breaking down haha...) but instead she got a Dodge Magnum...and of course it had endless issues and we sold it two years ago haha. Last Dodge we will ever own...

But anyways, thanks again everyone! I'm sure this forum will be more than helpful in keeping my Turbo S well maintained :D If anyone in the Portland area wants photos taken of their car, I'm always looking for a subject for photography :)

#10 ·
Wow! that's one schweet bug mang! From one beetle boy to another- welcome to the org.

It's kinda funny. Some of us nB owners want to find an air-cooled to add to the stable, such as your 73 Standard and you sold yours. Still it's cool that you're rocking a TS! The fox is pretty cool to- like to get my hands on one of those; then again I need a bigger garage:lol:

And SixChuter is correct, and so are you- Synthetic oil is the wine of choice for our turbo engines...reduced sludge is correct.

Lastly, you've got to make some more piranha plants. I want to buy one off ya. I'm sure you could sell a few here- very dude friendly. Either that, or do a "how to make a piranha plant" thread, so we can make one ourselves- either way, i'm good with it. Nice work:bigthumb:

Piranha, hmmmmm.... might be a good name for someones beetle:rolleyes:

Keep the pics coming. I like you photo skills:goodjob:

#11 ·
That looks like my first New Beetle. I see you are local! :party:

Welcome to the Org, and Welcome to the Turbo S! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.