NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '99 NB headlights are looking pretty yellow. I've read a little about the kits you can get to buff them out but is seems that the results are mixed and they can discolor/fog back up relatively quickly. At $285 apiece for original VW units, I'm considering the repops at half the price. Anyone have an recommendations or experience? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just the stock lights.

-jeffrey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Head Light

Hi there we fitted an aftermarket head lamp to our beetle, Yes it was cheaper but by god the the qauilty was shocking, the plastic was very brittle, The adjusters broke when trying to set the beam was not very happy, It was made by a very reputable company called valeo and it said O/E qaulity. My advice go original. Tim

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Hubby used the 3M headlight restoration kit a little over a year ago on his Jetta and they are still holding up well. You need to make sure you take your time with it and sand things down well, but they can hold up pretty well. You can buy a lot of kits for the price of new lights!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Aftermarket headlights tend to be... junk at best. Sure they look shiny and new at first, but the ones I've had to mess with are poorly built. I'd sooner get replacements from a junk yard and polish them up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts