VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had any leads on where I can find aftermarket ANYTHING for my 2006 2.5L 5cyl New Beetle? I’ve had my car since 2016, haven’t really been able to focus much on him but now that COVID is rampant I have a lot of down time. Haven’t had much luck in the way of finding resources in my own; websites, links, anything is appreciated.

Also, if I happen to have a model where aftermarket manufacturers don’t really make anything for it anymore, that’s fine too. I still love my Artemis, would just be nice to give him some upgrades is all.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14,520 Posts
What kind of parts are you needing; pretty much any auto parts store, would have typical maintenance parts you need.

For quality oem parts, there are many shops online; lately, FCPEURO, is really delivering, these days with high quality parts, (at times) very good prices, constant sales, discount coupon codes and a lifetime warranty on everything they sell.

OEM parts, is the way to go; for the best quality and affordable prices, read more here:

For example: here is a front end refresh kit; from
LEMFÖRDER, a top tier oem for VW:

Bottom line: don't buy junk aftermarket parts; they end up cost you more money in the long run and who wants, to do a repair job, over again? Brands to avoid at all costs: URO, Hamburg Technic, Chinese knockoff white box stuff off of ebay, etc.

I buy parts, from a variety of sources; much depends on cost, quality and how fast I need things. I buy parts from my local VW dealer; as they can get parts next day, local places like Autozone, Pep Boys, O'Reilly's, Advance Auto, etc., if they have the quality part I need and can get it in a reasonable time frame (e.g. Bosch sensors, alternators, starters, Pentosin fluids, NGK spark plugs, filters, etc, etc. Many have discount coupon codes; listed on their site, so you can save some money that way, purchase online and pickup in the local store.

Online, you are open to many places; amazon, rockauto, etc, can be cheap; the better quality sites, have better support and oem brands: fcpeuro, rmeuropean, arizona autohaus, ecstuning (can be hit or miss), many, many, others.

To look up current part numbers and compare prices, once you get the #'s, you can use VW's part site here: NOTE: most VW parts; have the part #'s on the actual part and you can use that, to search or confirm, the right part you need.

·
Registered
1964 Deluxe, 2005 GLS 2014 Rline
314 Posts
They are Mk4 golfs so there is still a massive amount of affordable aftermarket parts from engine to suspension.

Depends what you want

1 - 3 of 3 Posts