NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will installing void my warranty? I'll obviously look it up... somewhere if I can't get an answer here.

Silly question, but eh.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Some dealers make a big deal out of aftermarket stereos being installed and others could give a darn. The biggest concern is if you reconnect the K-wire. It is there for data access for the VAG-COM. If you connect it to the power line on an aftermarket stereo it can fry the dealers VAG-COM system... not good for them at all.. hehehe :)

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I can go for it. :p

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the K-Wire.. I'll be able to identify this when I pull everything apart and definitely not attach it???

I'm thisclose to letting someone else put it in, but I'd be so upset if I couldn't do it myself ;)

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
A lot of audio dealers sell adapters that just plug into the back of the new radio, then plug in the VW cable into the adapter.
Be warned, some dealers will require you to remove the radio before they will work on the car.

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hannaco said:
A lot of audio dealers sell adapters that just plug into the back of the new radio, then plug in the VW cable into the adapter.
Be warned, some dealers will require you to remove the radio before they will work on the car.
I called my local dealer who I will be getting all of my scheduled maintenance and asked and they said it's a non-issue warranty-wise so I will take their words for it.

Anticipation, UPS just updated with those three lovely little words...

OUT FOR DELIVERY

1 - 7 of 7 Posts