NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of Shaft's window regulators are currently out. At least the A/C works because that would just completely suck to have a black car with no working windows or AC in Houston currently...

Are there any aftermarket replacements for the window regulators? The dealerships just want WAY too much to be working on these things these days with the economy the way that it is.

(BTW - for those that know me, things are going well. I'm a 3D structural drafter these days working in the oil bidness that currently sucks, but hey - Mozelle's 21 now and a senior in college! How's everybody been?)

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After doing some research, I guess it's not actually my window regulators as the windows are currently up and are having no problem staying that way. The issue is that I can roll both windows down with a lot of cracking and popping noises, but to get them back up requires someone else pulling on the window while the motor is attempting to raise it.

Any ideas?

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
I'd still say is the window regulator... i currently need one for the cabrio, and yup... they're pricey...

but gap has some good deals: GermanAutoParts.com

sounds like shipping is going to be crazy though. that inner door shell is that entire piece of black metal you see when you take the door panel off.

·
Probably MIA
2,800 Posts
You probably only need the repair kit. About $50-60 per window.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts