NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2002 vw new beetle gls 2.0. I just bough it and had to do several things already,one of them being the brakes. The brakes were squeeking so bad that when my husband removed the wheels on the front he found out that the rotors had t be replaced as well and that the sensor had been unplugged and wire noted off to the side. He rep,aced rotors and pads and plugged the sensor bag in and put it all back together. Now the worn pad sensor light is on???. Does anyone know why this light would be on when the rotors and pads are new? I read a couple of threads and asked him if he made sure they were plugged in securely and that they were clean, no dirt inside. He said he checked and all is fine. The back ones need to be done his next day off, could that make the sensor light come on even though the sensor is n the front drivers side wheel? Helpppppp plssssss.

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Hello! I am moving this to a better forum for your question. The traffic there will be geared more toward people that can help.

Good luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Could have been that the sensor was bad or something and they just unplugged it. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you know the brake pads and rotors are fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts