NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keeping alive the chronical of my air bag light problem from the old forum, my 2005 Beetle TDI made it's 3rd visit to the dealer (first visit was after 3 days of ownership, second visit at 10k miles, now have 18k miles). I was told that VW has yet another S/W patch, listed on my paperwork as Tech Bulletin V010507, which has been applied to the NB. We will see.

Per suggestions, I have an open issue with VW of America on this problem.

There seems to be some disagreement as to whether seat movement during the bag checks at engine start. Each time my light has come on, there was someone in the right seat and the car was being started while they were entering (I really have to stop doing that)...

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Air bag light in response to the passenger moving.

I find it absolutely perposterous that VW could allow this type of fault to get thru the testing phase of this new addition to the NB, ect. My 99 does not have a passenger sensor. I would think that normal movement by the passenger like fastening seatbelts, using the vanity mirror, fiddeling with the radio, ect. wound not be enough to confuse the sensor. After all, the majority of the weight of the passenger is still on the seat!!! What happens when the engine is already running and the passenger gets in after the airbag check has been done???
I hope the VW fix works.. JK

·
VINdiesel
1 Posts
airbag sensor light

you know, my light came on after I had two passengers getting into my car, and thought it odd. I later had VW check the fault and clear it, but they didn't give the code to me. The light stayed off, until surprise, the same two passengers (a month or so later) got into my car while I was starting up. I can find nothing to cause the light to come on, so I think there could be some validity to this goofy sounding passenger/entry/error code. R

·
Registered
762 Posts
It is a known issues that if the data that the POD receives during start up changes (person shifting around in passenger seat), the POD system can get confused and flag a fault.

There is a firmware update for the POD module to resolve this, TB 01-08-07.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts