NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took off the cover that covers the AC control's. I had to unplug the passenger air bag light on it. When I put it back on, my air bag light is now on. Any thoughts on this would help me. Thanks in advance.馃憤 O. I don't have a VW scanner yet. And it's a 2015 beetle. 1.8t automatic.

5/23/10 <3
You'll need to scan the car with a VW specific code reader to see what code is thrown. But likely it just needs to be reset if you had to mess with a component of the airbag system, as long as you plugged it back in.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
It is. At the end of the week, I'm ordering one. Got to wait for pay day. 馃檮 I refuse to pay to get it scanned when I can spend the same money and keep doing it as needed. Thanks for the reply.

Registered
Did you turn the key to on or start the car with the airbag unplugged? If so that would have triggered the light. You鈥檒l need vcds to turn the light off.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I have an Autel Autolink https://www.amazon.com/Autel-AL619-Autolink-Automotive-Diagnostic/dp/B0091DJWV0/ref=sr_1_14?crid=2JFPD7J3K3Z3T&keywords=autel+scanner&qid=1579272252&sprefix=autel,aps,218&sr=8-14

On my 03 Turbo, it reads the codes and resets them. It will also read the SRS codes and reset (when you've fixed the problem. Works on my old Porsche, too. And the price is very good!
Ty. I'm trying to see if there is one that's not a POS that might do both of my car's. But I don't think that I'll have much luck with it unless I pay big money for it. I have the bug but she has a Chevy Silverado . I've seen a couple, but they seem to be so generic with the what they scan for and the car brands they say it works for. So IDK. Probably not. So I will just have to get 2. One for the bug and one for her truck.

Registered
Ty. I'm trying to see if there is one that's not a POS that might do both of my car's. But I don't think that I'll have much luck with it unless I pay big money for it. I have the bug but she has a Chevy Silverado . I've seen a couple, but they seem to be so generic with the what they scan for and the car brands they say it works for. So IDK. Probably not. So I will just have to get 2. One for the bug and one for her truck.
Silverado shouldn't be too much of a problem. Most of what it would need could be provided by Autozone or O'Reilly. I don't know about the newer Beetle, tho. A little secret, tho? If you get one from Amazon, if it doesn't serve your needs, you can return it for a refund. Often they'll pay the freight both way. Too bad you're not in the neighborhood, I'd lend you mine if you were local. Mine has reset the SRS on my Beetle and on my Boxster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts