NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Im a noob with a 2.0L. Ive used the org to change my timing belt and water pump, but im confused when it comes to air intake modding. Im one of the few who wants that loud "Honda" sound...on a budget. I took my airbox out and am not sure where to cut. My "foglights" look like a prime spot to run tubing...:confused:

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
What are you talking about when you say where to cut? The air box mod cuts all the ridges out of the inside of the air box to improve air flow. It will not give you the "ricer" sound. If you want the ricer sound, chop off the big @$$ muffler that comes with the car and buy one of the cheap mufflers from auto zone. If you are taking the air box completely out, put a pod filter on the end. You'll get a louder sound, and if you have the turbo it will sound like you have a blow off valve. If you are doing ram air, good luck. You have to buy the flex tubing from auto zone, take the head light out, take the head light cage out, and remove all the stock tubing you can. You will need to find a way to attach the tube to the grill, because there really isn't a good way to get the tube into where the fog lights are. Besides attaching it to the grill makes it look a lot more stock than taking the fog lights out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts