VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The air conditioner on my daughter's 2002 2.0 gas turbo has always worked well. Today, I put it on max/recirculate, and it barely blew any air. It's sounds like the baffle? is not switching from outside air to inside air. The A/C semms to work fine with outside air, but that is not preferred when the heat index is 114. Where should I start troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Bill

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
blend doors

The air conditioner on my daughter's 2002 2.0 gas turbo has always worked well. Today, I put it on max/recirculate, and it barely blew any air. It's sounds like the baffle? is not switching from outside air to inside air. The A/C semms to work fine with outside air, but that is not preferred when the heat index is 114. Where should I start troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Bill
Sounds like the case of the blends doors not switching or need repair. common issue with these beetles. There are several topics around here on how to repair those I found it easier to repair by removing the center console and going up through the bottom of the dash verses removing half the dash and getting to the blend doors through the top, lots more work IMO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts