NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
It's nearly impossible, if not totally impossible, to register these in the US. Pass. :(

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
You can register these in the US. However, if i remember correctly, the car needs to be put onto a pre-1970 floor pan before registering. There are shops in Mexico that do this. Pushing fifty told me this when at a car show... Also on Wikipedia. :) Beautiful cars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
BEAR
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can register these in the US. However, if i remember correctly, the car needs to be put onto a pre-1970 floor pan before registering. There are shops in Mexico that do this. Pushing fifty told me this when at a car show... Also on Wikipedia. :) Beautiful cars.

most people here in San Antonio just leave them registered in Mexico. Nothing illegal about that. We are close enough that many can officially have a US address and a Mexico address.

·
Registered
191 Posts

This is correct. Once you get the early air cooled chassis under it you are fine.

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
This is correct. Once you get the early air cooled chassis under it you are fine.
Actually all you need is a Vin plate and title There was a company in Michigan that was importing the mexi bugs ( in pieces ) and assembling them and used vin tags from older ( 76 and older hardtops ) so they could be titled . So one could have a 2001/ 1976 Legal beetle :)

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
I would love to have of those new old beetles. So long as the pan it went on was in excellent shape of course :bigthumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts