VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007, VW cabriolet beetle, 1.6L

Hi all,
As a result of my daughters car sitting on drive for a year through lockdown, unfortunately moisture has got into the airbag control unit causing the fault light on the dash. I removed the airbag control unit and had it looked at by 2 companies both reporting that moisture had damaged the board.
I have looked all over the net for a replacement and cannot get the same part number being: 6Q0 909 605 AL its the last Letter 'L' that I cannot seem to match up.

So therefore looking at buying a new one sadly? any suggestions as to where to buy them cheapest?

Thanks

·
Registered
16,162 Posts

·
Registered
16,162 Posts
As to new, you might go to your local VW dealer with your VIN # and have them lookup, the current part number, get a price quote and see, if it is still available. Then, search online; for the best price and go from there.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hi all,
As a result of my daughters car sitting on drive for a year through lockdown, unfortunately moisture has got into the airbag control unit causing the fault light on the dash. I removed the airbag control unit and had it looked at by 2 companies both reporting that moisture had damaged the board.
I have looked all over the net for a replacement and cannot get the same part number being: 6Q0 909 605 AL its the last Letter 'L' that I cannot seem to match up.

So therefore looking at buying a new one sadly? any suggestions as to where to buy them cheapest?

Thanks
Hi!

It took me 4 months to find a junkyard airbag control unit for my NBC, my airbag control unit ended in 'H'.

You have to search and search the entire network and as soon as one comes out, buy it.

It is also good that you know that you can buy one with the aribags jumped since that fault can be reset for little money.

Good luck!

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi all,

Thanks
There is a place in uk ,l needed the same thing ,you can't buy a module any were in the world new.this place specialize in new beetle parts .if you contact say bloke in oz gave you.look on eBay shop: welovebugs2013
[email protected]. don't forget Uk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts