NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have an '08 NB Conv. My Airbag Indicator light goes out then comes back on again after switching on the ignition. The manual says it means a malfunction in the Automatic Rollover Support System. Has anyone experienced this?

Update 3-11-12: Had the dealer diagnose and repair. It was a failed seatbelt sensor on the passenger side. Also had them diagnose a sluggish passenger side window open/close. That was a failed regulator. Both were repaired under warranty. Glad we asked!

·
Registered
762 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I toke my 2008 convertible to the dealer for a oil change and on the way home that same light came on, I had them do the scan test and it was the drive side seat belt buckle it has a sensor that want bad!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I toke my 2008 convertible to the dealer for a oil change and on the way home that same light came on, I had them do the scan test and it was the drive side seat belt buckle it has a sensor that want bad!!!!
That buckle is the most common problem I read about on the Forum with the Airbag Warning System.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also need air bag light HELP!!

2006 NBC Air bag light came on wifes car. Read the code 591
I replaced the drivers side seat belt buckle I purchased at
1stVWParts.com - 877-737-3670 black case red button
Part# 1Y1858471GFCN Your Price:$58.19 not a misprint
Also put Dielectric grease on connections under both seats.Still the light comes on. Any help would be great remember it's the wifes car.

Fixed it had to buy a VAG COM from Ross-Tech to turn off the air bag light after I replaced the seat belt buckle. My other code reader showed it was erasing the code but it didn't. Since I have 2 Beetles in the family I feel it was a good investment.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a 03 NBC and that used to be an issue until VW issued a TSB or recall (don't recall which). In any case, it was a warranty fix. You may want to call VW or do some more research.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did you fix your problem?
I got the same light one, but don't have a vag to diagnose the problem, I assume you used that. My next step is to change the buckle, do you have any info on that part?
Thanks
2006 NBC Air bag light came on wifes car. Read the code 591
I replaced the drivers side seat belt buckle I purchased at
Part# 1Y1858471GFCN Your Price:$58.19 not a misprint
Also put Dielectric grease on connections under both seats.Still the light comes on. Any help would be great remember it's the wifes car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply. Did you follow any instruction to change the buckle? is that an easy job?
I used a code reader that gave me a 0591 code. Changed the drivers side buckle and the light is still on.Here's the info for a 2006 NB convertible
Part# 1Y1858471GFCN Your Price:$58.19

1 - 8 of 8 Posts