NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 VW Beetle GLS, 2.0L. About 2 years ago on a 700-mile trip, the turn signal started clicking erratically. The lights all flash as they should, and the clicking is as it should be when the signal is actually turned on, but when the signal is not on and I am just driving, it just randomly clicks. I just got used to it after awhile and never had it fixed, but now I am wondering is this is something that could be fixed easily/inexpensively.

Also, there was a time when my car would immediately die right after I started it. I learned that if I turned the key halfway and waited a few seconds before turning the engine over that problem was avoided. However, one of these times the engine died, it kicked the airbag light on. Another time it died, the airbag light went back off. And another time it came back on and has been on ever since. Any suggestions?

I'm new to the forum, but I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Heather and WELCOME! I had the same experience with my blinker.... some said it was the hazard switch...it wasn't...some said the connectors either in the rear or front blinker were not completing the connection, that wasn't it...turned out it was a dead bulb in the front passenger blinker. The blinker (orange plastic) there is a small square on that piece, that will pop out with a flick of your fingernail, then there is a screw underneath that piece, unscrew it and gently pull out the orange covering exposing your light bulb, change it and probably that's all it is~ get a bulb at any auto parts store... about $1.50 !!
I'm a female, and if I can do it anyone can!! As for the airbag light, sounds like it wasn't "reset". If your battery was unpluged for any length of time, your air-bag light will light up, the code will have to be reset for that to go away..assuming that's the problem...it could be as simple as that... or of course it could be something else... sorry not much help on that one.:eek: Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts