NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the airbag light came on. It’s a 2004 Beetle Convertible. I scanned it w a Snap-On Scanner and got the following:

Crash Sensor for Front Airbag Passenger Side (G284) Not A Plausible Signal

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

EA7E56DC-078F-40D3-A36D-1ADB6D95010B.jpeg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey BillyMade, it’s my wife’s 2004 Beetle Convertible. I believe it’s a 2.6L, definitely non-turbo. She nailed a steep driveway pretty good and smashed the lower drivers fog light. There’s also a sensor down there and I thought this was it....??? I didn’t buy anything yet.

·
Registered
13,038 Posts
Did the airbag deploy? If that is the case; the sensor would need to be replaced or shipped out, to a shop, that can reprogram/refurbish it back to a no accident state. If you had lower area damage; near the sensor, you might try checking the wiring and see, if it is damaged?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The air bag didn’t deploy. She says the lights been on before hitting the driveway. The driveway took out the DRIVERS fog light and ripped the DRIVERS lower mouth / center grill of the bumper off. (Code is for passenger) I secured the grill back and while under there I noticed a small two wire sensor, down real low @ drivers fog light area hanging which I thought could be the airbag light problem... those wires seem fine and I secured the sensor back in its place w it’s push clip. However a search here tells me airbag sensors are located behind the bumper...??? And to check wires stretched under passenger seat.....???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts